Preparing for the Interview:
- Arrive early!
- Know your interviewer's name, and bring an extra copy of your
resume and references.
- Professional appearance - appropriate dress, good grooming, positive attitude!
- Smile - shake hands firmly - look the interviewer in the eye.
- Show interest in the company.
Research the company prior to the interview.
- Be prepared to answer questions such as:
"Tell me about your background and accomplishments"
"How would your previous experience apply to the job for which you are being interviewed?"
"What are your strengths and weaknesses?" (Make sure to cite examples)
- Ask questions such as:
"What would I be expected to accomplish in this position?"
"Can you explain the possible career path for this position?"
"Why is this position available?"
"What are the company's future plans and goals?"
- Close with questions such as:
"Based on our conversation and my background, do you feel I am a good fit for the job?"
"What is your time frame on making a decision?"
"Are there any other questions I can answer for you?"
"Thank you for your time, I am very interested in this opportunity!"
- Follow up - Send a thank you letter and reiterate your interest level.
- Internet - at home or your local library
Alta Vista, etc.
- Library - Main Branch
- Resources available : SEARCH BANK, INFOTRAC, Local & National Periodicals,
Industrial Guides, Annual Reports etc.
Chronological or Functional
(Click Here to see samples)