Responsible for the administration of all Accounting and Financial Department functions, employee development and technical training. Develops and implements financial policies, procedures and systems that will enhance the corporate image and insure a growth-oriented and smooth-running company.
- Prepares monthly financial statements (statement of earnings, balance sheet, statement of retained earnings and statement of changes in financial position) and related financial analyses.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the annual corporate plan with the assistance of the departmental managers and divisional finance teams.
- Works with the VP of Planning and Treasury to coordinate the treasury function, which includes cash management, and relationships with banks and investments.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payrolls, and other applicable taxes.
- Evaluates the performance of personnel within the Accounting Department. Maintains the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company expectations. Responsible for employee development and technical training.
- Works closely with other department heads on accounting systems and related budgetary matters.
- Responsible for coordinating a timely month end and year end close with departmental managers and divisional finance teams; as well as with all external auditors.
- Oversees and has responsibility for daily financial matters, including but not limited to controlling disbursements, overseeing bank balances, maintaining lines of credit, and banking relationships.
- Audits for procedure compliance and profitability.
- Reviews and maintains written policies, standards and procedures for Accounting/Finance Department.
- Performs special projects and analysis as required.
- Provides general management assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred.
- 5-10 years accounting and finance experience, including 5 years at executive level.
- In-depth knowledge of accepted accounting principles.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Accounting
To submit your resume, please fill out the information below. All resume submissions are confidential.