Tasks and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform the essential duties proficiently.
1. Read and understand drawings/blueprints and various measurement units and tight tolerances.
2. Use appropriate tools and equipment such as using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and CMM to measure and verify product to drawings, and specifications. Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
3. Able to communicate effectively with both internal and external contacts; can articulate requirements and issues to all levels of personnel including production, supervisors, management and also external suppliers and customers.
4. Able to be self-directed, prioritizing various tasks to meet deadlines, while validating accuracy of work produced.
5. Visually compares work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
6. Assists and/or trains operators on part visual acceptability, and measurement and process procedures as required.
7. Reports quality problems or findings to Quality Manager and follows up to ensure that corrective action has/will take place.
8. Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.
9. Conducts or participate in audits (internal and external) for Knowles Cazenovia, suppliers and customers.
10. Follow all applicable environmental and safety handling requirements.
Qualifications and skills
1. Minimum 1 year related experience testing and using precision measuring instruments.
2. Ability to interpret blueprints / drawings.
3. Basic Math & Geometry/Trigonometry.
4. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
5. A minimum of one-year previous experience using computer and measuring instruments.
6. CMM operation and programming a plus.
7. Quality / Auditing experience preferred.
8. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
9. Familiarity and comfort with multiple computer programs (Excel, Word, ERP systems, etc.)
Salary: $14-$16 per hour
To submit your resume, please fill out the information below. All resume submissions are confidential.