Great opportunity to join the Leadership team of a multi-location, community action agency that supports youth and seniors in the greater Syracuse area. The Director of HR will provide leadership to a HR team of three while supporting the company in all areas of human resources including employee relations & retention, talent acquisition, compensation & Benefits, performance management, and training & development.
· Plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies and procedures ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy
· Collaborate with senior leadership to understand and shape organization’s goals and strategies in relation to unique program needs regarding recruitment and retention.
· Monitor and ensure organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Working closely with department Managers on employee relations, performance management and staff development
· Provide support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors relating to human resources matters or issues. Facilitate the Board Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”)/Personnel Committee.
· Prepare reports required by funders and regulators and maintain all necessary records
· Maintains knowledge of HR trends and best practices while creating a collaborative, employee focused culture.
Ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (HR), Business Administration, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum five to ten years’ experience in Human Resources Management with minimum two years supervisory experience.
· Human Resources certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred.
· Ability to prioritize and effectively handle a variety of projects and assignments simultaneously.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your resume, please fill out the information below. All resume submissions are confidential.