Role: Act as team lead for the administration, design, documentation, testing and maintenance of the server infrastructure, as directed by the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Network Services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
40% Windows Server systems management to include upgrades and reliability Storage Area Networks maintenance, provisioning and support. VMware Server maintenance, upgrades and reliability. Develop complex hardware and software systems as identified. Prioritize user problems to insure operations are maintained with minimal negative impact and provide excellent customer service. Oversee and complete specific system projects as defined by the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Network Services. Microsoft Exchange Server maintenance, upgrades and reliability Periodically monitor efficiency and general operating status of the networks, including but not limited to hardware reliability, network operating systems functionality, and communications systems. Maintain all hardware, including file servers, network printers and servers, cabling and switches, to operate at the highest possible level of efficiency. Communicate technical problems and solutions to users and IT team members as required. Consult with users, vendors, network metrics and systems to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications.
20% Implement and maintain all Disaster Recovery Infrastructure.
20% Knowledge transfer to users and other team members. Provide day to day network administration including data integrity, data loss prevention, and network security Work with consultants and IT team members to maintain up to date networks, including the upgrade and installation of business systems. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of service for members or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
20% Design, develop, document, test and change server and systems architecture to meet company’s needs.
1. Maintain contact and relationships with systems vendors to stay informed of the direction of the companies and changes. This includes visiting websites, participating in listservs and forums, making phone calls, etc.
2. To acquire and maintain the level of knowledge needed to meet the major duties and responsibilities of the position.
3. Follow information technology and security procedures and guidelines including testing, change management and access controls.
4. Utilize industry publications and technical reference libraries to maintain technical skills as required by the industry. Make recommendations for additional training as necessary.
5. Ability to work Saturdays, evenings and weekends, as needed (average 1-3 times per month), as part of the IT Dept. schedule.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Associates Degree in Computer Science
To submit your resume, please fill out the information below. All resume submissions are confidential.