Growing company in the road construction services industry is adding a Sales & Marketing Director to its Leadership team. Working from a successful track record of creating winning sales cultures and fostering strong customer relationships, the Director of Sales & Marketing will lead and support all areas of revenue generation, including bidding/pricing, customer relationship building, sales training, marketing campaigns, market research, sales territory design, industry association engagement.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Group Leadership:
• Development and implementation of Sales & Marketing strategies goals and objectives
• Establishment of meaningful, measurable, and achievable sales volume and pricing targets, with accompanying sales territory plans.
• Development and implementation of sales best practices, especially in the areas of proposal development, job scheduling and management, time management, and customer relations.
• Serves as a resource to sales managers and representatives in territory development and closing deals.
• Troubleshoots problems regarding products and processes with customers and internal teams.
• Management of select major accounts and some direct sales management responsibilities, as assigned.
• Close coordination with operations and technical services groups.
• Collaborates with senior executives to forecast annual and monthly sales goals.
Marketing Group Leadership:
• Bid Management, including pricing, preparation, and tracking.
• Market Research to build understanding of market size, market share, competitor products/services.
• Development and implementation of marketing initiatives and promotional plans.
• Industry association engagement, including attending conferences, facilitating technical training, lab tours, etc.
• Engagement with other industry players, including DOTs, Specification groups, legislators, etc.
• Monitors and disseminates information on new products, services and other industry trends.
• Assists in development and execution of sales training.
• Plans and manages succession planning.
• Ensures execution of new sales representative orientation and training.
• Ensures completion of performance assessments and establishment of meaningful development plans.
• Recommends adjustments to remuneration and other compensation.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the road maintenance or construction industry
• Exceptional planning and organization skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Previous coaching or mentoring experience
• Operations and project scheduling experience a strong plus
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities, with a primary focus on coaching, mentoring and developing sales and marketing managers and representatives in the specified region.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's preferred
Sent resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your resume, please fill out the information below. All resume submissions are confidential.